Laser Tattoo Removal
Tattoos have become a very popular way of permanently modifying our appearance however as time passes we can come to regret the decision. What seemed like a good idea at the time can cause problems in later life. An unwanted tattoo can cause psychological distress, and create difficulty in social and work environments. The good news is that laser removal techniques can eliminate your tattoos with minimal side effects so you won’t have to live with it for the rest of your life. Lasers remove tattoos by breaking up the pigment colours of the tattoo with a high-intensity light beam. The body then absorbs and eliminates the shattered molecules.
How it Works?
Laser tattoo removal is a clinically-proven method of removing a tattoo without causing scarring. The laser, has been designed to create ultra-short pulses of light energy that shatter ink in a tattoo.
Tattoo ink (particularly the older inks) can be difficult to shatter and remove, and lasers are able to produce sufficient fluency (energy or power) to remove dark and bright tattoos without unattractive side effects like scarring. Laser pulses last mere nanoseconds (billionths of a second), providing high levels of fluency for quality ink shattering.
- During a tattoo removal procedure, laser light is applied to the tattooed area of the skin. The light is selectively absorbed by the tattoo ink particles, leaving the surrounding skin tissue unharmed.
- The tattoo ink particles absorb the laser energy, heat up, and shatter into smaller ink particles.
- In the days and weeks following a laser tattoo removal treatment, the body’s immune system flushes away the shattered ink particles, causing the tattoo to fade. Over a series of treatments, more and more of the ink shatters, leaving the skin free of ink.
People get tattoos for many reasons, be it cultural, personal or simply for fun. Nearly 40% of the world’s population have at least one tattoo, but not all of them are happy about their decision. As many as 25% of those with a tattoo say they regret getting it.
If you’re in that 25%, there is good news for you; Our Laser Tattoo Removal technique can get rid of your unwanted tattoo with minimal side effects.
Laser Tattoo Removal is the only form of permanent removal that is clinically proven to remove a tattoo without scarring the skin.
It is an ultra short-pulse of light energy that shatters the ink particles in the tattoo while leaving the surrounding skin tissues unharmed.
How Tattoos Are Removed
2. The body’s immune system responds by sending macrophages (type of white blood cells) to engulf the ink particles.
3. The ink then passes harmlessly through the body’s lymphatic channels.
4. The liver receives the ink and removes it through natural bodily excretion.
- 6 to 12 treatment sessions are required to permanently eradicate the tattoo which is dependent on your body’s natural body excretion system.
- Sessions should be done at 4 week intervals for optimal results.
A numbing cream should be applied to the area one hour prior to treatment.