How does a Chemical Peel work?
A chemical peel is a technique used to improve and smooth the texture of one’s skin. Chemical peels are intended to remove the outermost layer of the skin. Chemical peels are used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck, or any part of the body. A chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin.
Benefits of a Chemical Peel
• Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
• Improve the appearance of mild scars
• Treat of acne
• Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy and taking birth control pills
• Improves the look and feel of the skin
• Discoloration (blotchy, complexion, uneven skin tone)